Water softeners are commonly used for removal of calcium and magnesium from hard water to make it usable. As a homeowner, you get to know if there’s something queer about water. It needs to be checked for the betterment of the family.
Hard water creates a lot of nuisance on daily rituals. It causes scaling, laundry stiffness, white films on utensils, boilers, and heaters, hampering and clogging pipes. Cleaning is a difficult task with hard water and also involves time and energy. Even water hardness causes more water consumption because soaps and detergents do not get wash away.
Clothes may lose its brightness; you may feel tiles stained and dishes having spots and many more. Most importantly, hard water decreases the life span of the equipment. Hard water taste bit different too. If you are dealing with hard water you can relate to the problems mentioned above.
A water softener system is the only solution that can improve your daily hustle. But there are so many water softeners in the market, choosing one from tons of options is stressing. For this either you search many websites or hit the market. All these procedures are protracted. Hence to save your precious time we have gathered 5 best water softener for your h
Top 5 Best Water Softeners for Your Household 2019:
Water softeners are installed to eliminate the hardness present in the water in form of calcium sulfate, magnesium, and iron. There are four types of water softening system:
- Reverse osmosis
Generally, salt-based water softeners are used to serve this purpose. The reason is it is efficient, easy to maintain and cost-effective.
Fleck 56SXT Whole House Water Softening System
The Fleck Water System is budget-friendly and easy to install product for hard water at home and is one of the best water
It is a 48000-grain water softener that has a flow rate of 12-gallon water per minute. It is designed to serve a household having six people. It has dense high hold capacity resin that washes out each and every impurity present in water.
- Size: 48,000 grains
- Water consumption: 3GPM
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Certification: Energy Stars
- Works even in extreme situations
- High-quality resin removes hardness and impurities
- Durable and long lasting
- DIY potential
- No indicator for telling about low salt
- Drainage tubing does not come with the kit.
ABC waters Built Fleck Black Water Softener:
ABC system is one complete solution of hard water for your home. It has Fleck digital valve meter. With a capacity of 48000 grains, it has upgraded resin whose lifespan is 10 percent more than former.
It is good for a family of 2 to 5 people. Quality is long lasting and its valve comes with a warranty of 5 years. There are technicians which visit your place for installation. As it is a heavy duty product it will not disappoint you.
- Item Weight: 133 Pounds
- Voltage: 115 volts
- Capacity: 48000 grains
- Water consumption: 12 GPM
- Simple to use
- Easy installation
- Installation kit provided
- Preloaded mineral tanks available for less work
- Does not remove concentrated iron
- A large amount of space is required for installation
3. 5 Year, Aquasana Water Filter:
This is an advanced water filter apt for complete house water filtration. This Aquasana system is designed to filter 5, 00,000 gallons or water or for 5 years. It helps in removal of 97 percent chlorine in water and scaling too.
It is environment-friendly and conserves energy. There is no water and electricity depletion. No drainage and backflushing too. Better taste and makes water safe to drink.
- Flow rate: 7GPM
- Included Components: Whole Home Well Rhino Tank, Salt-Free Water Softener, UV Filter, Cartridge, Valves, Supports, Brass fittings, etc.
- 5 Year warranty and Pro Kit
- Efficient and long lasting
- Energy and water saver
- Kills bacteria and viruses
- Reduces chlorine and scale up to 97 percent
- Healthy and environment safe
- PEX tubing is not available
- Getting warranty when something is wrong is difficult.
4. Pentair Fleck Water Softener:
This water system comes with installation kit and has all parts like brine tank, mineral tank, valves, and 1-inch yoke. This is an efficient and effective working system.
It is the best option for the places where the amount of chlorine is higher in water. It not only removes the fishy smell but also reduces its residues.
- Water consumption: 3. 5GPM
- Size: 48000 grains
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Long lasting and reliable product
- Easy to install
- Digital meter control head
- The bypass valve is made of plastic
- Salt content is higher than other systems
5. iSpring UV Disinfection System:
iSpring systems are designed in such a way that it is heavy duty and lifelong. It has 3 years manufacturer warranty and after services are also available. It uses advanced technology for water filtration. The filtered water is safe to drink.
It is easy to install and use. It eliminates harmful contaminants and uses minimal energy in the water purification process.
- Style: UVF 55 Sterilizer System
- Components: Stainless steel body, UV lamp, ballast
- One year warranty
- Kills harmful bacteria and toxins
- Has steel chamber that is rust free
- Heavy duty and latest technology
- Safe drinking water
- Phillips brand lamp that lasts around 9000 hours
- Bulb replacement id pricey
- Professional installation is required
Hard water, however, does not that have that much health hazard but it cannot be denied that it has adverse effects on skin and hairs. It tampers appliances and pipes. Hard water needs to be cleaned thoroughly when settles down on utensils ad tiles which is time-consuming.
For this a good quality water softener is apt. it removes harmful substances and makes water useable. You can choose from the available options and do let us know how this article worked for you.